Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dirt Cores look like Turds

Today, coming out of church, we were all walking in a line like sheep. Ellie was the last and cut across the lawn 50 feet or so behind the rest of us. Out of nowhere, she stopped with one foot in the air and screamed a blood curdling scream. We turned on a dime and asked what was wrong. She pointed down at the ground that had just been aerated. She sad, "AAAAAggghhh, I can't move because all of the poop." We lost it and laughed so hard, that she screamed again. This time, she was mad that we were laughing.

We told her it was dirt cores and to come. She didn't. We went to the van and loaded up and I started the van. She freaked out. Ah, the fun of a spunky girl.

Yesterday, I got the bird house out that was a project to complete a promise to Caleb (we built the bird house 6 months ago - :-) ) and we finally finished the painting yesterday.





Earlier in the day, I went on my first mountain biking ride of the year. It was a ton of fun. Bryan Hakanson and Shaun Bowen two great guys from the ward were my biker companions. It was an easy ride and I discovered my rear brakes were loose and my rear gear shifter didn't work properly. Needless to say it was a softy ride and I was the softy struggling up the hill in high gear.



Here is a little video of our stopping point. The trail was free from snow until it wound around the North side of this hill and we found a couple feet of snow pack.





On Friday, Ellie went to a party that was perfect for her, a Princess Party at Ashlyn Edwards house. Ellie loved it and put on her princess dress for yet a fifth time this week. ;-) You can see Ashlyn in the background looking through her cardboard castle.



Lastly, Sarah threw a great party I hear with 18 other women who came to talk about The Goose Girl. Sarah has prepped for this evening for the last 4 months and has worried about it weekly since then. ;-) We are both glad to have that event done. Now, she can get on to the end of her 1200 page book she is reading right now, The Count of Monte Cristo. It is her hobby and I can't believe how much time she finds when she used to have none at all to read 12000000000 pages. She is fanatical.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Sarah! It is your old roommate Mel. I love getting caught up on your blog. Your kids are so, so cute. I loved the video of you talking about your basketball trophy - you are so cute! I just had to comment and tell you we just read The Goose Girl and the Count of Monte Cristo for our book group here. My husband feels the same way as Chris - he doesn't know how on earth I find the time to read when I say I'm always so busy but I love it so I make time for it!

Reno 411 said...

The Goose Girl book club did go very well. I had a great time and the food was delicious. I am going to "attempt" the count of monte cristo as well.