
It had amazingly thick walls with huge iron gates. Here is the exit looking to the west.
In the inner walls, were these cannon balls that were about twice the size of a bowling ball - they must have used a lot of gun powder to fire those heavy things.

Yet, the most amazing site was the Duomo, the 3rd largest church in the world.

I took a long stair case to the top and snapped this picture on the roof.

I also saw the Galleria,

the open air mall with a 200 foot tall roof with panes of semi-transparent sheeting that let the sky in. It was amazing. I saw the most beautiful men and women there in Milan. They had amazing clothes that were so fancy, lots of tall black boots, leather jackets and sharp trousers on the men and full length fur coats on the women. Both men and women were clad in large squarish sunglasses and had big rings, necklaces, earings and done-up hair. I knew I was in a different place when I saw a crowd of Americans in their jeans, sweatshirts and tennis shoes and ball caps. For a moment, I wasn't proud of our casual American style then I realized how good it felt to be in my sneakers and loose fitting jeans.

No comments:
Post a Comment