Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Germany - Day 2 at the DOM

Well, day 2 is almost over and it was another busy day. I've passed the jetlag issues and am running on all four cylinders; I mean 2 cylinders since I am in Germany where the cars are as small as my little kid go-cart.

Here is a picture of the smallest car I've ever seen



We started our day by visiting the DOM, the most significant Cathedral that survived the bombings of WWII. It is now at the center of the old town.



Next, we walked west down a small street and I grabbed this shot contrasting the new city with the old



Around the corner, we saw this awesome plaza with a cool fountain in the middle and these Austrian style buildings all with bright colors and finish work



We saw a beer truck unloading loads of metal keggers, a handful of other tourists and plenty of winter clothing. The air temperature was in the upper 20s and the mist kept a coming. We were ready for lunch and tucked away in this quaint German pub.



I was feeling a bit edgy and so I ordered a plate of wild boar, dumplings, cabbage and half a pear full of cranberries. It was a bit too wild for my tameness.



The waiter was the owner and was so hospitable, he posed for a picture.



This was a shot of the wall in his place. Can I say CROWDED



Next, I found my way across the Rhine river to some old museums. I snapped a few pictures of what I thought was most interesting. I'll have to post those pictures later.

Germany sends it love to the family. Catch my post tomorrow from Milan, Italy.

No comments: