I am recovering today from the most boring day of my life yesterday....ok....it probably wasn't the most boring, but I am sure it came in a close second! I have been thinking that this baby is coming at any moment, so I have been working super hard to keep the house cleaned, the laundry up to date and the fridge full of good stuff. Well, I over did it and by Tuesday (my 36 week mark) I realized that this baby might not be coming when I think he is and that I have just exhausted myself thinking...TODAY IS THE DAY, I JUST KNOW IT! So, I was sooo tired and I felt like doing nothing, except for maybe watching movies all day and sleeping. CAn't do that with kids though. so, I dragged my feet all day wiping bums and feeding kids and barely getting them dressed and their hair combed. I went to bed feeling still pretty tired and needing to distance myself from family members so I wouldn't be mean to anyone...yep, I know it is ridiculous! Chris even kept his distance for an hour or so.
Well, I woke up to Caleb screaming from his room..."I need a bowl!". Yep, he threw up. I did feel pretty bad for him...but I was also concerned about delivering a baby any day and having the stomach flu at the same time. Luckily, he threw up once and then was fine an hour later. We had a pretty good day. We did chores together, made sticker charts to earn pjs that they both want. I know I am a scrouge...but they have t-shirts they can wear to bed and such and they wanted character pjs at walmart. So, they did chores with me today and it was rather fun. We watched a movie, played games on the computer and read books. Caleb even took a nap to recover from his early morning vomiting. We then went shopping for summer shoes. That is always fun. My kids seem to surprise me when I say, um, no, that shoe is way too much money. We need one that costs about this much, ok? They seem to understand. Maybe I am doing something right, eh?
They are now getting into bed close to 10:00 due to naps. Ellie fell asleep on the way to Payless. I tried super hard to wake her up...even waving pink shoes in front of her face...but to no avail. I literally tried shoes on her while she was sleeping laying on the floor in the store. It was pretty funny. She even drooled through the whole endevor.
Ellie is quite a funny lady. She is wired when she goes to bed. Tonight she had to show Chris and I how much toe lint she has. She is facinated by it and has to make sure it is all out before she can go to sleep. She is just getting so old and saying so many adult like things that just make you laugh. I told her she could go and play with one of her babies in the playroom tonight while we gave Caleb a chance to go to sleep. She said, "oh, my yellow baby from Target?" She remembers every store where we purchased things and what the bags look like. I used a Target bag in my trash can and she goes..."oh, mom, Target!". I think I might have a dangerous shopper on my hands!
Well, I will stop talking about my kids now. I hope everyone is doing well.
Love you all. Keep me and my mood swings in your prayers!
Holiday FUN
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment