church. We had a good weekend...another weekend that I didn't necessarily
think would come without a baby...but that is ok. We have just about
finished all of our projects we wanted to have done before the baby came, so
that is great! Chris even helped me wash finger prints and you know things
like strawberry yogurt off the walls as part of our spring cleaning. He has
been a big help. We hung up more pictures and painted spots on the walls
that needed some touch ups. I didn't really sleep on Friday night, so I was
a bump on a log most of the day Saturday. I ran two errands, napped, folded
laundry, picked up the house and napped again.
Caleb had his first soccer game on Saturday. He has been wearing his
uniform around the house all week and asked me everyday how many days it was
until his game on Saturday. Well, the big day arrived. We got some good
pictures. However, none are of him playing. Why, you ask? Well, because
he cried and refused to play and practice with the team. He clung to my leg
like I was going to leave him and never come back. The coach had them
playing duck, duck goose just to get to know eachother and get a little
warm-up in. Well, I had to sit in the circle with him. When someone said
goose to him, he just scowled at her and said that he wouldn't chase her.
So, to set a proper example, I ran after the girl and then had to be the
goose. You can imagine me "running". Well, I did a little fast trot. I am
sure it looked ridiculous. Chris then took Caleb over to an adjacent field
and practiced kicking the ball with him and shooting in the goal. We are
both hoping that by the time his next game comes around that he will want to
play. It wasn't cheap! We decided to just stay positive and have Chris
practice with him this week so he builds his confidence up. I think he was
a little overwhelmed by how formal it all looked. He was also cold and
hungry. That is another story.
Another funny thing that Caleb did...Chris and I went on a date Friday night
and ran one quick errand to Old Navy to see if they had any flip flops for
Caleb. He really wanted some and they were only a few bucks, so I picked up
a pair. When we got home, he tried them on and they were on the verge of
being too small. So, I told him that we would go in the morning to get a
larger pair. He desperately wanted to take the tags off and threw a huge
tantrum. I was tired and not very happy with his "ungratefulness", so I
just put him in bed and left the room. I came in a few minutes later and he
was crying. I went to talk to him and he was doing these funny things with
his hands over his face. I asked him what he was doing. It turned out that
his preschool teacher taught him the "sign" for sad and grumpy. He was
doing sign language to tell me how he was feeling. I was still mad enough
that it wasn't cute at the time, but now it is rather funny.
Ellie is as cute as ever. She is the new little mommy in the house. She
constantly wants to "see" her baby brother. She has to see my belly. I
think she thinks that my belly button (which has grown rather large) is
where the baby is. She is still way into the color pink. If it is pink,
she is facinated with it.
Well, everyone needs to keep writing! I get so bummed out when there are no
emails in my inbox! Tiffany isn't even writing as much! What's up with
that?? :) It must be all of this nice spring weather. I am also getting
so anxious to see Dave. I can't wait till he comes home, but I am sure that
he wants his mission to last longer. Love you all so much. I will let you
know how things go on Tuesday. I go in around 2 pm. This baby seems to
have a mind of his own though...so you never know if he will be ready to
come.
Talk to you all soon.
Sarah
_________________________________________________________________
Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new
payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581

No comments:
Post a Comment