Friday, January 30, 2009

Today is About You Sarah

Sarah, happy birthday dear. To the rest of the limited world that reads our very outdated blog, join with me in celebrating a wonderful mother, daughter, aunt, niece, cousin, wife, sister and best friend to many of us.

She is absolutely fabulous and I love her so very much. We had fun this morning at 7 am when she dutifully returned from exercising. She was 10 minutes too early and Caleb, Ellie and I were caught with a mess full of posters on the ground that were supposed to be taped up around the house. All of them celebrating the great Sarah who has blessed our lives so much.

Enough sappiness. Here are the 10 things I'm giving Sarah for her birthday:
  1. A month of clean dishes. Yes, if you know Sarah, she hates washing dishes and I promise to clean them for a month without complaining (Wait, who am I kidding, I do them 90% of the time in the evening that is) so this is really a gift the other 10% of the time and the "no complaining" part for an entire month.
  2. A hot date tonight at her favorite restaurant - I am betting its gonna be "GoodWood".
  3. Another kid - ;-) Just kidding but I bet that put a smile on a few of your faces. I'll sure sign up for the practice though.
  4. A massage with butter oils (stop your kinky thinking). I've employed a real professional who will get all that stress out of Sarah's back side.
  5. A big kiss when I get home with "I love you" written all over it.
  6. A list of reverse honey-dos. You see, I've been working so much except when I'm blogging from work (right now) that I haven't been able to do much at home and have now started a "You do-it Honey Do List". Sarah's took over the insurance research and last night committed to manage our budget. Woohoo. Life is good. Love ya, hun.
  7. A weekend with her sisters - I've told you for a long time I'll watch the kids from Friday to Sunday. Now it is time for Sarah to put it on the calendar and make it happen. Go for it.
  8. 10 pounds by August - yep, I have a few to lose and these next ones are for you, cute thing.
  9. A trip to Anne Taylor - yep that is happening tonight too and it is a real sacrifice from me to you.
  10. A big blank gift certificate - this last one is most exciting since it is for you to fill in, Sarah. Ask it and I shall deliver. What do you want me to do.
Happy Birthday Miel!


9 comments:

Amber said...

happy birthday sarah!!!

LisaJ said...

Happy birthday Sarah! Wow Chris, can you call Dave with ideas when it's close to my birthday??

Devon said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! What a great day filled with gifts! NOW, if he only delivers! Have a great day!

Gary said...

Happy Birthday Sarah...good for you chris.

Camille said...

Sarah, Happy Birthday!I hope you have had a great one. We miss you!
Lols Chris, on the tribute....

Melanie said...

Wow, what a great birthday. Happy day, Sarah (even though it is late now). We got your adorable card in the mail and have your picture on our fridge. One of the cutest family pictures ever. I love it!

krystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH, remember your scarf:)love ya

Our Family said...

Happy really belated birthday sista! I hope you got my email that day! It was a crazy day. WE were going to call you at 7 am before school and then the usual hussle and bussle of early morning getting ready for school things happened and we didn't get to it! so sorry! excited to see you next weekend! Love to one of the best sisters in the world! Katie

Reno 411 said...

Happy Very Belated Birthday Sarah. We miss you here. Your husband sure loves you and I cracked up at the 10 things you got for your birthday.