Saturday, November 22, 2008

Move to Boise

As you can tell, we moved from Reno to Boise and haven't taken the time to update our blog in the four months since we moved.

I was looking back through pictures this morning and saw this one - it made me laugh quite a bit to see the loaded down trailer. Our 26' truck was stuffed and our van was loaded down and this was our trailer. Blessed thing towed a lot and amazingly we only had about 2 inches of clearance between our hitch and the ground. It gave us the feeling of "dragging" literally, ourself and all our junk 500+ miles to Boise.

You'll note, we couldn't leave behind the pink Barbie tray, nor could we leave behind the oversized plastic play place or look up top and you'll see our magazine rack which now sits in our front living room.

Bless tie downs, zero rain and a wife who bit her lip alllllll the way to Boise. Sarah had one of those grimaces on her face all the way. It was a long day for sure.




Low riders have nothing over me.



"Lest I forget that X-mas tree, I'll stuff it in that little space right there," I said to myself as I loaded up the Christmas tree and saw the tongue of the trailer dip even closer to the ground.



When you look at this piece of work, say "art work". Each strap and each board was strategically placed thanks to the trusty tug of Gpa Keller - thanks a million.


11 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. Glad your move went well. I can't believe you had your poor van pull that trailer. You're braver than me.

Go Cougars.

Jess

J-Lo said...

It's about time we got a Keller update! I'm amazed all your stuff made it there.

Chalonn said...

Well it's about stinkin' time to see you bloggin' again! We've missed you guys! You're right, these pictures brought on a chuckle or two. I'm sure you still left stuff behind too. It's just impossible to move ourselves anymore! Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of you!

Amie said...

I can almost see Sarah's expression as you pulled that trailer onto the open road! That's hilarious! Glad to see you guys are "back on the air!"

Reno 411 said...

I am gald that you FINALLY updated. I was worried about you guys. We miss you here. Those pictures are so funny. Ahh the joys of moving. Gotta love it.

Devon said...

Loved the pictures! Reminds me of many moves that we have done, although not open air, nor pulling a trailer, but the last minute stuff to be sure! Glad you are safe and well back in Idaho

Christine said...

yea an update!! :D i love the pictures. i can't wait to see you at Christmas. Thanksgiving was fun today, but just not the same. too quiet.

Chelsea Nicole said...

Haha, your van looks like a little race car that you would see in LA haha. I love it.

Melanie said...

Sarah - it's your old roommate, Mel. Will you email me your new address in Boise?? My email is melwg@hotmail.com

Lisa said...

Glad you made it! I love the pics! Moving is a chore...Speaking of which, we've moved and we have a new address. Email me and I'll give it to you...I need your new address for my Christmas cards. Your family is beautiful!

D/E G said...

We feel the same about moving. We've never been in the same home for more than 2 years and are sick of moving around. :) We have been in our current house a long 14 months now and are determined to break the record.

Nice blog and great pictures!
Darren