
I then took a short walk to Paul Revere's house. I learned that not only did he ride the Great ride to warn the Yankees of the British, he was also a gold smith and professional writer.

They also continue to light the lamp posts with gas as a historical tourist attraction. I would hate to have to go through town changing out those element pieces - the little sacks.

I like this picture especially because of the juxtaposition between old and new. I believe this is the building where several significant (can you tell I didn't pay attention to history in school nor did I ask a tour guide but was much more interested in the photo) documents (I think, but don't quote me on this) were signed. I think there was also a massacre here of some sort (I overheard - I'm really good at hanging on the fringes of tour groups with their paid guide for tidbits of information).

We then went to eat at Ruth Chris' Steak House. It was the finest food (measured by price for sure) I have ever eaten. Thanks to my HP peer, Ted, for talking me into going because I never would have had the nerve to eat there on HP's dime but he was several years my senior so I submitted.

The restaurant happened to be in the basement of an important State Government building. It was beautiful and so neat and I thought this statue of Jefferson was real cool with the spotlight at night.

No comments:
Post a Comment